Madeline Ong is an associate (pending bar admission) in Berger Kahn’s South Orange County office. She primarily focuses on complex insurance matters and labor & employment issues.
Madeline attended Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law in Orange, California, where she was a merit scholar and distinguished fellow. She graduated in May of 2023 in the top 25%.
At Chapman, Madeline was a member of the school’s moot court team and was a quarterfinalist in the National Online Moot Court Competition in 2022. Madeline competed in the 2023 ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition. She also served as staff editor for the Diversity and Justice Forum. She was also a semi-finalist in the Golden Gavel Competition. Madeline served as Secretary in the Chapman Student Bar Association for the 2022-2023 school year.
Prior to attending Chapman Law, Madeline graduated from the University of California, Davis, with a B.A. in international relations and minors in human rights and Spanish in 2019.
Madeline’s experience includes law clerk positions at the Children’s Law Center and St. John’s Knits. She served as an intern at the U.S. Department of Education, as well as both the Yolo County District Attorney’s and Public Defender’s offices.
Madeline is an avid traveler and food enthusiast with a voracity for experiencing new cultures. Madeline has visited 36 countries so far and we cannot wait to hear about which country she is visiting next!
- Diversity and Social Justice Forum
- Moot Court Competition Team
- Merit Scholarship and Distinguished Fellowship
- Secretary of Chapman Student Bar Association (2022-2023)
- The California Aggie: Newsletter Manager
- Pre-Law Association: Officer of Undergraduate Success
- St. John’s Knits, Law Clerk
- Children’s Law Center, Law Clerk
- U.S. Department of Education, Intern for the Office of Postsecondary Education
- Yolo County District Attorney’s Office, Victim Services Undergraduate Intern
- Yolo County Public Defender’s Office, Undergraduate Intern
- Merit Scholarship and Distinguished Fellowship (100% of Tuition + Stipend)
Lindsey Smith, Madeline Ong, and Joanna Yam Featured On Project SELF PanelOn July 12, 2022, summer associates Lindsey Smith and Madeline Ong and law clerk Joanna Yam participated in the Young Lawyer Career Panel at Chapman University, Fowler School of Law for the Project Youth OCBF Project SELF.
Berger Kahn Wins the Spirit Award at the 10th Annual Associate Board Brew Fest at the METBerger Kahn’s South OC Office attended the 10th Annual Associate Board Brew Fest at the MET this past Friday, June 17.