Berger Kahn has long specialized in Insurance Coverage matters. Our attorneys are proud to be highly-respected leaders in this field. Many of our attorneys have decades of insurance law experience, and we attune ourselves to the new and developing issues in both personal and commercial lines. We have creative and knowledgeable solutions for resolving insurance claims and litigation.
While it seems like courts regularly hand down important decisions in both the duty-to-defend and property coverage areas, many issues remain or even emerge from the new decisions. Increasingly, coverage-related claims and litigation require experienced and knowledgeable counsel with broad insurance coverage experience.
Our knowledge, resources and experience help us to effectively address our clients’ specific needs. We are particularly adept at handling a wide range of insurance coverage matters. Always, the goal is to provide clients with the highest possible value and greatest peace of mind in their coverage and litigation matters.
Our experienced Insurance Coverage groups offer representation in many different areas of Insurance Coverage law:
- We have extensive experience with commercial general liability, D&O, E&O, EPLI, environmental, intellectual property, personal and commercial auto, homeowners and umbrella and excess related coverage matters.
- We routinely analyze duty-to-defend questions and assist in the resolution of disputes under Civil Code Section 2860.
- We frequently handle a wide variety of property issues including coverage disputes arising out of fire, earthquake, mold and water damage claims.
- We evaluate claims and offer a highly experienced assist with claims investigations and Examinations Under Oath.
- Berger Kahn often serves as coordinating counsel, bringing our expertise to coverage matters arising from major catastrophes.
Our extraordinary competency in Insurance Coverage is reflected by the fact that we are often retained as experts in connection with insurance litigation. As leaders in establishing legal precedent in the insurance coverage arena, we also handle all matters pertaining to coverage litigation, including rescission, reformation, equitable contribution, subrogation, intervention, reimbursement (Buss and Blue Ridge) and interpleader suits, with special emphasis on declaratory relief actions.
Contact Berger Kahn today to learn more about our Insurance Coverage practice area.